Passport Name Change


1. Valid Passport

Applicant must submit a current, valid passport. Current passport will be returned marked “Cancelled” by the U.S. State Department along with a new passport reflecting name change.

2. Name Change Application (DS-82)

Applicant must submit one completed passport application form (DS-82). The U.S. State Department website “wizard” will walk you through the application. After completing the passport application online, print by pressing the “Create Form” button. Please print single-sided only. DO NOT FORGET TO SIGN AND DATE THE COMPLETED APPLICATION IN BLUE OR BLACK INK AFTER PRINTING.

Note: While completing the application, the wizard will prompt you to select fees, shipping and processing options. You may select any of these options to complete form.

3. Passport Photos

Applicant must submit two (2) identical, color, passport style photographs (2″ x 2″).

4. Name Change Documentation

Applicant must submit original or certified copy of the marriage certificate (not a license) or a court decree ordering a name change or an adoption. The document must show the official seal of the issuing authority. All official documents will be returned to applicant.

5. Letter of Authorization

Applicant must provide a letter authorizing Smart Visas and Passport Services to handle their documentation requirements on their behalf. To complete the form letter, click here: Letter of Authorization

U.S State Department Fees:

The U.S. State Department charges USD 170 for expediting name changes.

For additional U.S. Passport Agency fees: Click here

Ship your application contents via FEDEX, together with payment and a self-addressed, prepaid FEDEX return shipping envelope to:

Smart Visas and Passport Services
250 Park Avenue, suite 7028
New York, NY, 10177
(212) 572-6404
(212) 572-6405

Smart Visas

Smart Visas